On behalf of The Wellness Shoppe and Dr. Nchekwube, we would like to humbly thank all of our wonderful patients who made it to our Seminar today! The large turn out caught us by surprise considering the gloomy snow storm we had and for that we are grateful! (We’re also grateful that we found more chairs!) Perhaps you were at work or got snowed in this Saturday but no matter the reason, we completely understand and we’ve got you covered! Read on to learn all about what Dr. Nchekwube covered at this month’s seminar. Don’t forget to mark February’s date in your calendars!
Light Body Meditation
Meditation can be done anywhere and at anytime. Contrary to some beliefs, it is not “turning off the mind”. The mind is a powerful tool and it will not cease activity as long as we are living humans. Thoughts are completely normal but the goal is to ‘quiet’ the mind and focus on a specific thing. For example, in smiling meditation, Dr. always says “Smile at the baby” think of a baby smiling at you and naturally you will smile back. Today Dr. led the group to focus on specific body parts in sequence with the principles of Progressive Body Awareness, a non-pharmacological method of deep relaxation. You can attempt this at home as well! First, let us explain the basic and most frequently asked meditation questions:
What is Meditation?
Meditation is getting in touch with your inner self or your essence through a cultivated and discipline practice of silence and self-observation.
Why should we Meditate?
Meditation calms the mind, heals the body, and reconnects you to your real essence. Your real essence is often neglected out of ignorance or these days, busy-ness. Meditation can help to control:
- Fear of Old Age
- Fear of Death
- Lack of Creativity
- and More!
How can we Meditate?
Meditating is a very simple exercise of focusing and refocusing your mind using different techniques such as:
- Focusing on and following your breath ‘in and out’
- Repeating mantras as in a short prayer, word, sentences, or group of sentences
- moving rhythmically
When Can we meditate?
A great time to meditate is anytime you feel the need to reconnect with your essence! Any time you have available to practice take that time, it can be
- upon awakening
- before bedtime
- after exercising
Where Can We Meditate?
Meditation can be done anywhere you feel comfortable!
- In nature or outdoors there is enhancement of the process
- dedicate a location in your house – decorate or keep this location pleasant with uplifting images to add benefit
How long Should We Meditate?
In the beginning, meditate for about 5 to 10 minutes. As time goes on, you will comfortable and naturally flow into longer sessions.
It is important to cultivate the habit of regularly meditating. This is the hardest part of meditation! Meditation is like any other exercise that requires practice, practice, and more practice. Just like other exercises, you will build meditation ‘muscles’ and endurance through practice. Also, like any new habit, begin by meditating twice a day for 21 consecutive days. After these 21 days should you miss a day, you will find yourself missing and craving the experience of meditation.
The ever wandering mind thinks! All the time! That is the main design of the mind: to think. Let your mind think and you watch but let the thoughts go by without being attached to them. Bring your thoughts back to your breath, mantra, or chosen mode of refocusing the mind. Be kind and be patient with yourself. Don’t give up. Just be present.
Relax , Meditate, and Heal with Light Body
With the calm of less traffic and coziness both thanks to the snow, it was a perfect day for mediating with Dr. Nchekwube. Dr. led the group in Light Body meditation as his Wellness Chill Out Essential Oil filled the air. Light Body meditation is a method of deep relaxation and meditation that can be accomplished with practice but may be easier to come learn on a Saturday for maximum efficiency. Dr. Nchekwube took the time to type Instructions for Relaxation Meditation with light body and Smiling in Easy meditation:
Relax, Meditate, and Heal with Light Body
- Based on the principles of Progressive Body Awareness, a non-pharmacological method of deep relaxation
- What you pay attention to Thrives! Without attention, it dies or withers!
- It is based on the premise that muscle tension is the body’s psychological response to anxiety-provoking thoughts and that muscle tension blocks anxiety
- The technique involves focusing attention to specific muscle groups or body parts
- In sequence, attention is moved quickly to other body parts
- This releases tension and thereby causes relaxation
- One does not linger long in any one body part, to avoid wandering of the mind
- This is a form of meditation
- Start from the right or left big to then move your awareness to the small toes, then rest of the foot to the ankle, working your way up to the rest of your body
- Name the body parts as you move from one body part to the next
- Switch from the right to the left side of the body starting from toes to head, as if you are filling the body up with a water hose attached to the toes!
- When you reach the crown of the head, start Smiling in Easy Meditation Exercises
- After about 5-10 minutes, repeat the breathing into your body parts, rotation again from one body part to the next sequentially, this time using Light Energy and Awareness
- Focus on a light color and progressively pull this light of your choice from around you with your breath
- Fill your body with the light of your heart’s desire, as if you are breathing the light from Ether or the environment.
- Be aware of being filled with this beautiful brilliant light from your toes to the rest of your body with each breath.
- Once your body is filled with the color of your light of choice, see yourself glowing!
- Allow your light to fill the room
- Allow your light to fill the earth and the globe
- Allow your light to fill the universe
- Enjoy just BEING!
At 2pm, Dr. explained the benefits and guidelines to detoxing as well as fat melting. Of course we cannot fit all information but would like to share the main key points that Dr. Nchekwube went over.
The Benefits of Detoxing & Fat Melting
- Weight Loss
- More Energy
- Aids Internal Organs
- Strengthen Immune System
- Fresher Breath – No Halitosis
- Clearer Skin
- Improved Thinking
- Shinier Hair
- Slowed Signs of Aging
- More Pleasure from Food
Download Dr. Nchekwube’s Detox&Fat Melting Brochure
Supplements to Encourage Detox & Fat Melting
Detoxication Factors™ contains antioxidants & nutrients that defend against oxidation and free radical damage, compounds that bind and support the conversion of fat-soluble toxins for elimination, as well as vitamins, minerals, enzymes, botanical extracts, and other nutrients that participate in metabolic defense, repair, and restoration
→ Take 2 twice a day during the Detox Phase
WELLNESS ANTI-STRESS SUPPORT FORMULA™
Wellness Anti- Stress Formula™ is a synergistic and comprehensive combination of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, herbals, and other nutrients, carefully formulated and specifically designed to support and boost the function of the body’s defenses against stress.
→ Take 2 twice a day during the Fat Melting Phase
Probio Lean™ supports healthy weight management, promotes gut barrier function, promotes intake of less calories, and supports reduction of body fat mass
→ Take one daily with water
Tune-Ya-Up™ supports healthy brain magnesium levels, promotes concentration, mental clarity, and focus, supports cognitive health, and promotes mental and physical energy increasing motivation to exercise.
→ Take 2 every morning
Move It™ supports digestion, assimilation, and elimination, promotes gastrointestinal motility, and supports final phases of detoxification.
→Take one to two capsules at bedtime with 8 oz of water
Thyroid Energy™ Provides essential nutrient, herbal, and glandular support for production of thyroid hormones, resulting in Increased energy and a quicker metabolism.
→Take one capsule daily with water (away from food)
BodyAnew™ supports 5 organs that purify the body: Colon, liver, kidney, lungs, and lymphatic system. Easy to use drops allow the body to detox and cleanse, providing increased vitality, energy, and a feeling of restoration!
→ Use for up to 2 weeks. Add 30 drops or 2 half dropperfuls of each formula to 1 liter of water & consume throughout the day.