Calendula Oil 1 ounce glass bottle
Herb Pharm Certified Organic Whole Flower Calendula in Certified Organic Olive Oil Base
Certified organic olive oil & Certified Organic Calendula extractives.
We prepare our Calendula Oil from whole flowers ofCalendula officinalis plants, which are Certified Organically Grown on our own farm. To assure optimal extraction of Calendula’s compounds, the flowers are hand-harvested while in full bloom, and are carefully shade-dried to retain their full color & aroma. The flowers are then thoroughly extracted and concentrated into cold-pressed, certified organic olive oil.
Shake Well Before Using Apply to skin with cotton gauze, or massage into skin until well absorbed.
Here are three classifications of calendula plant and oil uses:
Health and wellness – It has tonic, sudorific, emmenagogic, and antispasmodic properties, but it is mainly used for skin care and treatment. It has great anti-inflammatory and vulnerary action, making it helpful with stubborn wounds, acne, ulcers, bed sores, varicose veins, rashes, eczema, and related conditions. It addresses sore, inflamed, and itchy skin conditions.
It’s your skin that will receive a good bulk of the benefits, thanks to the oil’s anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and related properties. Here are some of the promoted benefits of this oil:
- Skin dryness or chapping – Calendula oil is a great moisturizer for dry skin and for severely chapped or split skin. It soothes the area and reduces the pain.
- Inflammation – It works well on swelling sprained muscles or bruises; its anti-inflammatory action helps lessen swelling from injury. Calendula oil also helps treat spider veins, varicose veins, leg ulcers, and chilblains.
- Baby care – The oil helps relief diaper rashes, which can extremely irritate an infant.
- Minor cuts and wounds – The antiseptic and antimicrobial action of the oil help speed up healing of wounds and minor cuts, and also benefit insect bites, acne, and bed sores.
- Skin issues – Eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, and other skin problems can be soothed using calendula oil, applied topically. Calendula oil’s antifungal action is also great for treating athlete’s foot, ringworm, and jock itch.
Calendula massage oil also greatly heals, soothes, and softens skin, making it a good addition to massage oils or when preparing a carrier oil blend.