Many of our wonderful patients miss Dr. Nchekwube’s Seminars due to various reasons such as work, family, or previously planned events. Some of these patients have often said “I wish you could post the seminar online!”. Well you asked and we delivered! Though this post may not include the delicious free wine and cheese samples from Saturday, it does include all of the written material and pictures from the seminar. If you have any questions feel free to contact the Wellness Shoppe at (219)985-8741.
Dr. began meditation at 1pm. The following handouts will help you accomplish Healing and Light Body Meditation at home, work, or wherever you prefer.
RELAX, MEDITATE, AND HEAL WITH LIGHT BODY
- This is based on principles of Progressive Body Awareness; a non-pharmacological method of deep relaxation
- What you pay attention to Thrives! Without attention it dies or withers!
- It is based on the premise that muscle tension is the body’s psychological response to anxiety-provoking thoughts and that muscle relaxation blocks anxiety
- The technique involves focusing attention to specific muscle groups or body parts.
- Attention is moved quickly to other body parts, in sequence
- This releases tension and thereby causes relaxation
- One does not linger long in any one body part to avoid wandering of the mind
- This is a form of meditation
- Start from the right or left big toe moving awareness to the small toe, then rest of foot to the ankle, working your way up the rest of the body.
- Name the body parts as you move from one body part to the next
- Switch from right to left side of the body as if you are filling the body up from your toes to head with a water hose that is attached to your toes.
- When you arrive to crown of head you will begin Smiling in Easy Meditation Exercises
- After about 5-10 minutes repeat breathing into your body parts, this time using Light Energy and Awareness, rotating from each sequentially
- Fill your body with the light of your heart’s desire, as if you are breathing the light from Earth or the environment. Progressively pull light with each breath.
- Be aware of being filled with this beautifully brilliant light from your toes to the rest of your body with each breath. Once your body is filled with your light, see yourself glowing!
- Allow your light to fill the room, the earth, and the universe
- Enjoy Just BEING!
MEDITATION: FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is Meditation?
Getting in touch with your inner self or your Essence through a cultivated and disciplined practice of SILENCE and SELF OBSERVATION
Mediation calms the mind, heals the body, and reconnects you to your Real Essence. Your real Essence is often neglected out of ignorance or busyness. Mediation helps to control:
- Fear of Old Age
- Fear of Death
- Lack of Creativity
How to Meditate?
It is a very simple exercise of focusing & refocusing your mind using different was such as:
- Following your “in and out” breath
- Mantras as in repeating a short prayer, word, sentence, or sentences
- Moving rhythmically
When is a Good Time to Meditate?
- Anytime you get a chance to reconnect with your essence is a great time
- Upon awakening
- Before bed
- After exercising
- Any time you have available to practice
Where can you Meditate?
- Anywhere you feel comfortable should be adequate
- In nature or outdoors, there is often enhancement of the process
- a dedicated spot in your house is helpful
- decorating and keeping the place pleasant with uplifting images may have added benefits
The Ever Wandering Mind
The mind thinks, all the time! That is the main design of the mind: to think. Let the mind think and you watch but let the thoughts go by without being attached to them. Bring your thoughts back to your breath, mantra, or any chosen mode of refocusing the mind. Be kind and be patient with yourself. Don’t give up. Just be present.
How long should you meditate?
In the beginning, meditate for about 5 to 10 minutes. As time goes on, you will comfortably and naturally flow into longer periods.
How often should you meditate?
It is important to cultivate the habit of regularly meditating. This is the hardest part of Meditation! Meditation is an exercise that requires practice and more practive. You can build meditation “muscles” and endurance only with practice. In the beginning meditate twice a day for 21 consecutive days. If you stop meditation after the 21 days you will miss and crave the experience. Make it a lifelong lifestyle and you will be richly rewarded!
Keto Red Wine Diet
Dr. Nchekwube explains the benefits of Red Wine at Saturday’s Seminar
Low carbohydrate diets are an effective and healthy way of losing weight. It is well known in scientific circles to promote a non-atherogenic lipid profile, lower blood pressure and improve resistance to insulin. This enhances the normalization of blood levels of glucose and insulin. Health-giving Mediterranean diet has also been proven to be one of the healthiest diets, with predominant ingredients being olive oil, red wine and vegetables. This program is designed to adopt recent findings in a pilot program conducted at the Department of Genetic, University of Córdoba, Campus of Rabanales, Córdoba, Spain, published in the Nutrition Journal of Oct. 2008.
Olive oil improves the main risk factors for cardiovascular disease, like lipoprotein profile, blood pressure, glucose metabolism and blood clotting profile. Blood vessel inner wall surface function is improved as well as inflammation and oxidative stress. Some of the compounds in olive oil have demonstrated antioxidant, anti-inflammatory cholesterol lowering properties. Additionally, monounsaturated fat rich diets prevent central fat distribution and insulin resistance induced by a carbohydrate-rich diet in insulin-resistant individuals.
Red wine contains a combination of alcohol and phenolic compounds which are thought to be responsible for the apparent protective cardiovascular effects. Additionally, it has been shown that combined consumption of wine and olive oil confer beneficial after meal with positive effects on the cardiovascular system.
THE KETO RED WINE NUTRITIONAL PROGRAM
- Select natural & unprocessed foods.
- Balance your meals from the following list.
- Eat at least 3 meals a day or 6 small ones if you prefer; or recommended by your doctor.
- Hungry or not – Don’t skip meals.
- Balance protein intake with green leafy vegetables in at least one generous green salad daily.
- Don’t be concerned about your calories. Your weight should automatically normalize.
- Trim visible excess fat from meats and avoid skin of poultry and fish.
- No bread crumbs or flour.
- Bake, Broil or sauté in extra virgin olive oil or butter.
- Organ meats are allowed.
- Avoid pork, products containing pork or lard, and all processed meat (i.e. sausage, bacon, and corned beef).
Step 1 (2 weeks)
- Meat- Beef, Chicken, Duck, Lamb, Turkey, Veal
- Fresh Fish- Cod, Flounder, Haddock, Halibut, Herring, Mackerel, Perch, Salmon, & Tuna
- AVOID- Clams, Lobster, Scallops, Oysters, & Shrimp due to high pollution concentration
Fresh or Frozen (never canned)- Artichokes, Garlic, Asparagus, Herbs, Beet Greens, Kale, Broccoli, Lettuce, Cabbage, Mushrooms, Cauliflower, Mustard Greens, Celery, Pumpkin, Radishes, Chives, Red & Green Peppers, Collard Greens, Spinach, Cucumber, Squash, Dandelion Greens, Eggplant, Swiss Chard, Endive, Tomatoes, Escarole, Turnip Greens, Fennel, Watercress, Zucchini
- Butter ONLY (never Margarine)
- AVOID- Milk, buttermilk, cheese, sour cream, yogurt, & cottage cheese
Poached, Deviled, Soft Boiled, Over Easy, or Basted in Butter
Avocado, Melon, Honeydew, Cantaloupe, Watermelon, Lemon/Lime
NUTS & SEEDS:
- Raw Sesame, Sunflower, or Pumpkin seed
- Raw Almonds, Pistachios, Filberts, Walnuts, or Pecans
NO Bread, cereal, rice, flour, barley or pasta of any kind
- Water (at least 8 glasses between meals)
- Herbal Tea
- Lemon Water
- Tomato Juice
- Vegetable Juice
- NO coffee, soft drinks, or milk
- Mayonnaise (sugar free)
- Ripe Green Olives
- Paul Newman’s Oil & Vinegar Salad Dressing
- Apple Cider or Red Wine Vinegar Dressing
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Herbs & Spices
- Dill or Sour Pickles
- Sugar Free Gelatin
- Fresh or dried Mustard
- Green Olives
Take 1-2 Tbsp Olive Oil (IF recommended by Doctor) in a small amount of vegetable juice before meals
- Pinot Noir
- Merlot Madiran
- Cabernet Sauvignon
** DRY RED wine is the PREFERRED type of wine
100 ML (WOMEN) or 400 ML (MEN) IS THE RECOMMENDED RANGE OF USE PER DAY
STEP 2: MAINTENANCE
The following items may be added to the Step 1 List:
FRUITS & VEGETABLES:
- Lima Beans
- Almond Cheese
- Rice Milk
- Soy Milk
- Hemp Milk
- Coconut Milk
NUTS (ONLY THESE):
- Macadamia Nuts
- Brown/Wild Rice
- Whole Grain Bread
- Jasmine/Basmati Rice
- Steel Cut Oats
- Whole Grain Cereal
- Rye Crisps
- Rice Pastas
- Rice Crackers
- Rice Cakes
- Natural unsweetened smoothies
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Alcoholics or those with family history of alcoholism should not drink wine.
Premenopausal women with family history of breast cancer should be careful with alcohol.
For a more detailed brochure please contact The Wellness Shoppe and we will gladly email or mail one!
Now that you’re caught up on December’s Seminar, be sure to mark January’s Seminar on your calendar!